JOSHIU
Tuesday, March 28, 2006
Okay, this got my attention today. I have accepted that for the rest of my life people are not going to say/spell my name correctly. It may bother me every now and then, but I generally believe most people want to try to say my name correctly. I never demand that they get it right or offended if they blow it. As a child, even I struggled with my name, spelling it wrong or pronouncing it incorrectly. If I had trouble then there is no reason to believe that others wouldnt. I have been called Josh, Joshi, Joshua, Joe-sue, Joe-sue-ee, Josh-shwe, Josie, HOce, Hoser, Hoes-way, Sway, Jose (countless times) even Ho-o-sway can you see. . .(shaking my head as I say it). The list goes on. I do whatever I can to help. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. But today, made me smile. I faxed ordered a yummy burrito for lunch today with my name spelled correctly. Did it come back that way? Side Note: Yes I logically see why some people call me Joshua when they see Josue whether people are truly aware that they are translations of the each other. It is reaching but I can see it. But, spelled Joshiu? Please! And its is generally safe to say that a latino made my burrito, although I could be wrong. I really shouldnt assume. But comeon. A fellow latino probably did put my order together. Well I have another name to add to my list.
Thinking of all this puts an idea into mind. I should work on an inventing a name tag that repeats the name written on phonetically. Wouldnt that be great? . . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
still no response huh? yeah I though so.
Thinking of all this puts an idea into mind. I should work on an inventing a name tag that repeats the name written on phonetically. Wouldnt that be great? . . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
still no response huh? yeah I though so.


5 Comments:
sigh... now I feel bad knowing that I have contributed to that list.
At least you got your lunch!
andy, I'm sure you feel horrible.
Well at least I got it right (I did have to run it by Sarah 1st) but even at that famous burrito place you speak of...they misspell my name - JENNY - one of the most common female names! Idiots!
I personally still like the name Josie. Mostly I just like to watch the hair on the back of your neck bristle when I say it. I get called Nancy, Nicole, Wyoming and my personal favorite: IMOAN (Naomi spelled backwards). So, get over it!
Post a Comment
<< Home