Lack of Lunch
Friday, March 24, 2006
So being that I am alone, (that is not necessarily a complaint) and with much encouragement, (not that encouragement is the word I would use, but will for the sake of what few bloggers still read my blog) I write a blog. Work is going well. I have been tossed into the deep end. Is it stressful? Yeah, a little. But I am treading water, and for those of you who have seen me tread water, lets just say that is not reflective of how I am doing. Everyday is like a huge SUDOKU problem I have to solve. I love it. So yeah things are going great. Of course every good thing has its drawbacks. For example, this week nobody touched my lunch. Cannot say much about last week. . . . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Yeah, somebody ate my lunch one day. You might be thinking how terrible that can be, and I will not deny that it appears that way, but I really cannot complain. It is not like I paid for it. But when I got to the break room my sandwich was gone. Oh well, so I make sure I am one of the first people to get to the break room when lunch arrives. I eye everyone up and down looking at them suspiciously for any clue to the culprit who stole my lunch long ago. We live in an uncivilized world, where we teach the uneducated (what is mine is mine and I want more). Of course I think this as I walk out with a hint of contempt and my lunch securely protected under my arm. MINE!
But things are getting better. I love Chicago. The drivers suck. I will refrain on going on a rant. People from Chicago know. And I am not blaming everyone, but those of you in Chicago know who you are. Today was beautiful; I really wished I had my camera. Last night we had some snowfall, Not enough fell to say we had an inch, but enough to cover the ground white. Well on my to work I go through a small forest, maybe thicket is more appropriate of trees alongside the Des Plaines River. The trees are gray, but with their bare limbs and branches covered in snow it is an amazing sight. So many branches, it was great. I am going to miss winter. Of course I can say that with one of the warmer winters Chicago has ever experienced.
DISCLAIMER:CAPITALISM DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR LUNCH GETS TAKEN FROM YOU. OKAY MAYBE IT DOES A LITTLE. BUT YOU DIDN’T HEAR IT FROM ME.
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
Yeah, somebody ate my lunch one day. You might be thinking how terrible that can be, and I will not deny that it appears that way, but I really cannot complain. It is not like I paid for it. But when I got to the break room my sandwich was gone. Oh well, so I make sure I am one of the first people to get to the break room when lunch arrives. I eye everyone up and down looking at them suspiciously for any clue to the culprit who stole my lunch long ago. We live in an uncivilized world, where we teach the uneducated (what is mine is mine and I want more). Of course I think this as I walk out with a hint of contempt and my lunch securely protected under my arm. MINE!
But things are getting better. I love Chicago. The drivers suck. I will refrain on going on a rant. People from Chicago know. And I am not blaming everyone, but those of you in Chicago know who you are. Today was beautiful; I really wished I had my camera. Last night we had some snowfall, Not enough fell to say we had an inch, but enough to cover the ground white. Well on my to work I go through a small forest, maybe thicket is more appropriate of trees alongside the Des Plaines River. The trees are gray, but with their bare limbs and branches covered in snow it is an amazing sight. So many branches, it was great. I am going to miss winter. Of course I can say that with one of the warmer winters Chicago has ever experienced.
DISCLAIMER:CAPITALISM DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR LUNCH GETS TAKEN FROM YOU. OKAY MAYBE IT DOES A LITTLE. BUT YOU DIDN’T HEAR IT FROM ME.


2 Comments:
I have always known capitalism encouraged lunch theft! But for you to admit it is a big step towards becoming a socialist!
I love bare snow covered trees! But not as much as I like warm Spring temperatures!
It's good to hear from you again. I'm glad you are doing well in the windy city. I too thought the snow was beautiful and since we live in the foothills I do get to see some on the distant mountains. It was the cold I never liked.
Post a Comment
<< Home